Translate

Saturday 2 November 2019

GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY.

Firstly thank you all for all the good wishes for my speedy recovery that from what the experts tell me is going exceedingly well,thank goodness!!!. I am as yet not 100% but coming along nicely and should be back driving in the next few days and out again with the birds and cameras.
The first images are from prior to my stroke when I met up with   a very dear friend who had travelled a considerable distance to meet up , it was so good to see him with what was about to happen and to thank you and him or the calls of encouragement and also my wife and family for all the help
Having met up at Eyebrook reservoir he was keen to see if the Willow Emerald Dragonfly was still about so we headed to the inlet bridge but to no avail,just a few damselflies and dragonflies so he then asked if we could find some Red Kites, so off we went on a search, I soon spotted a tractor ploughing in a field with thirteen  red kites in attendance so we settled at a gate way and watched for about an hour, they are wonderful to watch in flight, so graceful .
Red Kite, Near Eyebrook.

By the time we were getting some images the birds had gone away from the tractor and gained some altitude and were easier to follow.



This bird seems to have us spotted at the gate, three of us with cameras is difficult to miss









This  is the tractor that was causing the interest for the Kites, thirteen initially but just the one in this image,I was  not sure as to what they were after.


long distance image of some the remaining Kites.


Long distance head on image

Catch up on our Barn Owls.
Last image I managed of the adult male off on a feeding trip. ISO120400

The young have all gone, some important dates listed below.

14th Sept all five Owlets ringed.
19t19th Sept three Owlets seen in baffle near entrance
After this all five seen on regular basis in the baffle of the small box
5th Oct first owlet fledged and in the baffle of large box,other four seen in baffle of small box.
We still appear to have an Owlet in the small box,it appears one has returned to the safety an warmth of the box. Not sure as to whether we still have the adult pair in residence. Thursday 6   th November whilst out in garden saw Barn Owl on the front of the large box, will keep a watch and hopefully some images

Thank you for your visit, smaller than normal but good to be back, I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I did in getting the images. I am driving again so will hopefully be out in the next week to look for what's about.

15 comments:

  1. I am very happy for you John, Hope you will well now ! Red kites are angel, I love them, they are very beautiful. Good set of images John.
    Take care.
    Friendship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nathalie,
      I am well on the way to recovery and driving again, as you say Red Kites are very beautiful and a bird I really enjoy watching.
      All the best,
      John

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Red Kites images John. I am so pleased that you are getting feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bob,
    Must admit that Red kites are a bit of a favourite of mine and yes I am feeling considerably better.
    All the best and thank you,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John: Welcome back! As soon as you are driving again we will be looking forward to the excellent photographic output for which you are renowned. I find your opening statement about the kites almost surreal. There was a time, not so many years ago, when you would have been unable to find thirteen Red Kites in the whole county, perhaps in the entire Midlands. It is truly a measure of its recovery that thirteen were following one tractor. Thirteen has always been a very lucky number for Miriam and me, and it was for you too on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David,
    And thank you,it so good to be back in the blogging world, I am Planning on a visit out this week, weather permitting that is.The Red Kites have made a spectacular recovery in the Eyebrook area and as you say thirteen was a lucky number for both me and my friend who is mad keen on watching Kites glide round the sky.
    All the best,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh John, I am so sorry to learn of your stroke but thankful you are recovering well. I have been thinking of you and am very happy to read your post here. Sending a big hug your way, and one for your sweet wife too. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise,
    Thank you for the kind words and yes I am grateful for recovering so well but must take this episode as a warning.
    If the weather would improve over here I would be out with the camera, but with very heavy rain and floods I am staying at home.
    Thank you once again,
    All the best,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello John
    I am really happy that you are back and that you are recovering from your stroke. I have often thought of you and that is why I am so happy that you are back. You can also get out and about again and that is good to read.
    When I see your photos of this beautiful flying Red kite, I am really convinced that things are going in the right direction with you ;-) Really beautiful photos of this beautiful robber.

    Think carefully about yourself and listen to your body.
    A sweet greeting and a hug from your girlfriend from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helma
      Its so good to be back and on the road to a full recovery,I've had plenty of visits from the physios and managed a visit out yesterday with the camera, unfortunately the weather was not over special, we have had some awful weather and floods,not the best for getting decent images.
      Thanks for the hug my new girlfriend in the Netherlands,
      All the best,
      John

      Delete
    2. Hello Richard,
      I just read your new post. the weather in the Netherlands is also gray and ant and that is a great pity for us as photographers. I enjoyed your photos in your new post again :-)

      Think carefully about yourself and be careful.
      Dear greetings, Helma

      Delete
  9. Hello John, good to see you are on the move again wich means that you are much better. Love the photos of the Kites. Always in for a easy treat.
    Take care,
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roos,
      Yes I am out and about again after what seemed an eternity, unfortunately or weather has been very poor so I have not missed much.
      All the best,
      John

      Delete
  10. Hi John... Beautiful set of pictures of Red Kite... Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ana,
    I am very fond of Red Kites, I find them fascinating to watch in flight, you have a good weekend likewise.
    All the best,
    John

    ReplyDelete

About Me;


Titus White:
Hi I am Richard Peglers friend Titus White, and those who follow Richards posts will understand the name and reason for it. I have been birding with Richard for 3 years and a volunteer at Rutland Water on the Osprey Project for 2 years. My early images were taken on a Nikon D80 with a 70 - 200mm lens. I updated the lens to a 70 - 300mm VR lens but still was not happy with the results. Eventually when Nikon announced the D7100 I decided to change so upgraded the camera and also invested in a Sigma 50 - 500mm lens.
I first met Richard through Arthur Costello as I was having the occasional visit from Little Owls on our land. We eventually found the Little Owls through another contact about 100 metres away. Photo's will follow on future posts.
I have recently upgraded my camera to full frame, this is a challenge I am at the moment enjoying trying to get the best out of the beast.
Free counters!