Translate

Monday 16 March 2020

A VISIT TO EYEBROOK RESERVOIR AND TIME  MOSTLY WITH THE BLUE TITS.

Blue Tit on Feeder.

On Arrival it soon became evident that who ever filled the feeders had forgotten to replace the lid on this peanut feeder, as much as I  am against getting feeders in my images, I just could not resist this birdhaving its fill.




Into the feeder and grab a nut. 



And then away as quick as possible. 



Coal Tit near the Feeders.


Several of these delightful little birds were about during my visit. 





Great Tit, Near Feeders.

Again about in reasonable numbers.







Great Tit and Blue Tit.
These birds are waiting to get on the feeders.





Another bird waiting to dive into the Peanuts,



Blue Tit Waiting to get into the Peanuts

They are really such a delightful little bird  whether you see them out in the countryside  or in the garden.



Dunnock.

This bird cleverly waited under the feeders picking up the bits dropped by the other birds.





I THEN DECIDED TO HAVE ANOTHER VISIT WITH THE RED KITES.


As I had already eaten my packed lunch at Eyebrook i headed for the footpath and headed into the garden  where the birds are fed. Having walked down the footpath and entered the garden, the gent who owns the house and garden was on the far side  of the plot doing some repairs to a shed roof, I gave him a quick wave and he  did likewise.The birds did not come as close as previous, as to this being down to it being very windy I am not sure,but I still saw so many birds

again, it was astounding.



On several occasions collisions between birds were only averted at the last second.







 One day I will stay that much later for when Arthur feeds the birds, I think that will be really something.








Thank you for your visit, I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I did in the getting of the images.
I hope we will all still be able to get out and watch our birds because of the problems caused by this Corona virus, fingers crossed we all survive .

17 comments:

  1. Hi John, Eat your heart out, I had a red kite over my house today and not for the first time either,
    Good luck,
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,
      A farmer friend gets the odd Red Kite, but farther East we have considerably more.
      All the best.
      John

      Delete
  2. Great photos John, and good to see you also managed to capture the Kites. Read that the Ospreys are back home for another season. Is that right?
    Stay healthy,
    Regards,
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roos,
      Had a look on the Osprey project volunteer site and I can see we have some tracked birds heading North through Senegal, but I'm sure we will have some early arriving birds very soon.
      All the best,
      John

      Delete
    2. Hi Roos
      An update on previou reply, four of these wonderful Osprey have returned,
      John

      Delete
  3. Fabulous John, all the photos of the birds are amazing. Thank you always and take good care of yourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again, thanks for visiting me. I have enjoyed looking through your photos again. They always bring a smile. Hope all is well with you and your dear wife right now. Please stay safe and wishing you both good health at this awful time we are all going through. All the best John :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Denise,
      So pleased the photos bring a smile in these trying times. Unfortunately things are not that well with us as explained in my next post. Hope you are both well and stay that way.
      My love and best wishes ,
      John

      Delete
  4. Hi Denise.
    Thank you so much, we are all having to take good care. you keep yourselves fit and well.
    all the best
    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy you being able to have that kind of open peanut feeder, John. Here the squirrels would clean in out almost before you could turn your back. I am sure that you are having to deal with this Coronavirus. Stay well, and especially make sure that Veg does not get unduly exposed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hui David,
      The squirrels had a visit but left after two had a fight and it was just for the birds after that, Yes this Coronavirus is a real worry, I have basically put Veg into isolation. You and Miriam look after yourselves, keep fit and well.
      All the best,
      John

      Delete
  6. Hi John
    Beautiful pnotos of the Blue Tits, Coal Tits and not forget the Red Kites, superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bob.
    Its such a change for me getting images of these little birds,I really enjoyed it.
    All the best.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great series of pictures John... I love the Blue tit... so cute... Have a great week and take care...
    Here in Madrid the situation is very dangerous and painful... :-( Oh my God..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ana
    Thank you, its something so different for me with the smaller birds, very fond of the Blue tits myself.
    It is a very dangerous and frightening time, lets hope we all survive. You look after yourself and keep away from people,
    All the best
    John

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    I hope everything is fine with you and your loved ones.
    The world has changed very quickly and we are concerned about how this will turn out.
    Fortunately, we can still enjoy nature and its flora and fauna. Your tits are very nice to see and the dunnock is also a lovely picture.
    Your photos of the flying red kite is of course completely fantastic. What you saw a lot of these beautiful large birds of prey. I really enjoyed it.

    Kind regards, helma
    Think carefully about your health and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helma,
    I likewise hope all is well with you and yours. what a different world we are in to a few weeks ago, it is really very frightening, something we are not use to .
    You keep safe and be careful as we are doing,
    All my best wishes,
    John

    ReplyDelete

About Me;


Titus White:
Hi I am Richard Peglers friend Titus White, and those who follow Richards posts will understand the name and reason for it. I have been birding with Richard for 3 years and a volunteer at Rutland Water on the Osprey Project for 2 years. My early images were taken on a Nikon D80 with a 70 - 200mm lens. I updated the lens to a 70 - 300mm VR lens but still was not happy with the results. Eventually when Nikon announced the D7100 I decided to change so upgraded the camera and also invested in a Sigma 50 - 500mm lens.
I first met Richard through Arthur Costello as I was having the occasional visit from Little Owls on our land. We eventually found the Little Owls through another contact about 100 metres away. Photo's will follow on future posts.
I have recently upgraded my camera to full frame, this is a challenge I am at the moment enjoying trying to get the best out of the beast.
Free counters!