Translate

Sunday 6 July 2014

My First Blog  June 2014

Most of the images on this post have been taken in June whilst on trips out with Richard or whilst travelling to Osprey duty at Rutland Water. A few are from earlier visits.
M




Look on the face " Beggar you've seen me"


Little Owls Site No 1.

Richard and myself talked to a local farmer who had just cut down an old nest 
site tree. It was falling apart and the Little Owls had departed some months previous. We mentioned the Little Owls and he told us about some Little Owls he had seen whilst chain harrowing a field. Hence the above images. They are not easy birds to see or get images from but hopefully we will get some young and the birds may get a little bolder.


Site No 2.

This site was introduced to us by one of the wardens at Rutland Water.
We have had very few visits when the birds have not been seen in all sorts of weather
Some of the hardy stock.

Site No 3. {Bum Hole}

This site we had driven by for several months and always
commented that it looked very Owly.
 Richard eventually spotted the residents. We have not seen the two
Since the 29th of May so hopefully young will appear soon.

Site No 5.
Adult bird at the side of the nest hole prior to juveniles appearing.

Little owl juvenile with rounder head.

Little Owl juvenile with flatter head

Little Owl juvenile a lot paler and fluffy.


Both Richard and myself are of the opinion that we have
three juveniles at this site. 

Red Kite site No 5.
We saw red kites on a regular basis earlier in the year
but of late very  few have been seen.
Singletons flying over our house, note he has the air brake deployed.






Red Arrows flying over our house.
My friend on the Isle of Man asked as to how I had got so close.
I told him I had got the steps out of my garage.
His answer is unprintable!!!!



This is my first post and hopefully with more use of Blogger the quality will improve.




2 comments:

  1. That's a great first post, Titus!

    Soon, when I do my next post, we'll be able to have a direct comparison between your camera/lens combination and mine as we were in the same place at the same time, and we'll see that yours knocks spots off mine.

    Welcome to blogger. I'm looking forward to our next foray together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Richard, will have more confidence for the next post which I am planning, will probably be old barn owl images over the years

    ReplyDelete

About Me;


Titus White:
Hi I am Richard Peglers friend Titus White, and those who follow Richards posts will understand the name and reason for it. I have been birding with Richard for 3 years and a volunteer at Rutland Water on the Osprey Project for 2 years. My early images were taken on a Nikon D80 with a 70 - 200mm lens. I updated the lens to a 70 - 300mm VR lens but still was not happy with the results. Eventually when Nikon announced the D7100 I decided to change so upgraded the camera and also invested in a Sigma 50 - 500mm lens.
I first met Richard through Arthur Costello as I was having the occasional visit from Little Owls on our land. We eventually found the Little Owls through another contact about 100 metres away. Photo's will follow on future posts.
I have recently upgraded my camera to full frame, this is a challenge I am at the moment enjoying trying to get the best out of the beast.
Free counters!